Tuesday, 23 June 2009

the trials and tribulations of a tuesday

Woke up, got outta bed, dragged a comb across my head... Well, tried to! So fucking tired, back to back open & closes in the kitchen for what feels like forever, and then today, dun dun dahhhh - D-Day, the day of reckoning, yes it's ... THE AUDIT! Any sort of audit is a nightmare in this trade, as a pretty rule abiding kid, it stills sends THE FEAR down my spine. I know exactly what should be done, but with attempting to be a chef and a manager at present, I've been giving a half assed attempt at doing 2 jobs, so i was a little behind.

A full day catch up later, with my assistant and supervisor in tow, we went through the place with a fine toothcomb. I started at 9am and finished at 2am. No break. Cos that's normal. It's like slave labour, except volunteered and with some pay. Not enough. As a particularly evangelical area manager once told me '***, this is not a job, it's lifestyle choice.' Very true, normally fine presently sucking. Anyhoo, went to all the effort, thensailed throught the audit, pretending that I hadn't worked like a dog to get it all done in time, it was just natural...

Could go on, but my overworked, underpaid, over watered (beer), and under fed body has different ideas G'night all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment